tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>
Subject Coyote/Http11 under load
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:52:11 GMT
I'm using http11 on a busy site with more or less Tomcat 3.3 head
(3.3.2-dev).  I set up the connector with ServerSoTimeout="5000",
SoTimeout="5000", maxThreads 100, maxSpare 50, minSpare 20.

This yields severe performance problems after only a short time in
service.  On reverting back to http10, the performance goes back
up and remains up.

I checked with optimizeit and the threads with coyote look to be
doing what they are supposed to.  So, I started using ab to test
the server with concurrent connections.  The results I get with
20 concurrent connections:

coyote/http11   4.2rq/sec, 63kb/sec
http10          6.3rq/sec, 92kb/sec

Any similar experiences or ideas?  I'm continuing to investigate.
Keith