tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject [5] [Proposal] Adding an authorization interface
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:36:24 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose the following re-factorisation of the current
Realm interface. Righ now, Realm contains 3 methods related to
authorization:

hasRole
hasUserDataPermission
hasResourcePermission

I would like to create a new interface called Authorizator(and a default
AuthorizatorBase) that will take care of those methods. I just think
those methods should be grouped together, and I think they are not
directly related to the Realm "concepts" (better separation of
concepts). It will allows peoples to change the current resource
authorization mechanism without having to modify the Realm interface.

Precisely, the method will have the following signature:

    public boolean hasResourcePermission(HttpRequest request,

HttpResponse response,

SecurityConstraint constraint,