tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Leyke <alexley...@cs.com>
Subject Re: JK2 module for AOLserver
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:43:36 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

>I used BootstrapService because it didn't create the 8005 shutdown
>socket. My tests were done with 4.0.
>You can create your own wrapper, use CatalinaService directly or
>call Bootstrap ( if you don't mind 8005 - in your case it doesn't
>matter too much since you'll have a single process ).

Bootstrap just worked for me <sigh of relief>. Comments in
BootstrapService.java suggest it is for Win32. Are you testing on NT? I
am still getting Java exceptions and for some reason javac doesn't want
to compile (it cannot find "modern" compiler and is looking for
"classic"), but JSP I had compiled before are running.

>>A related question - what does this log entry mean? I think it is
>>related to [worker.jni:onShutdown] entry in workers2.properties.
>>
>>jk_worker_jni.c:369:jni.init() disabling the non init hook worker
>>

>I have no idea. Ask Mladen :-)
>
>I know he added special code to allow multiple classes to be called
>on startup, init, shutdown, etc. There are several ways to
>load the java class.
>
>Since you see the messages from TomcatStarter - I assume it's
>harmless.

I saw the code which sends the message. Looks like it just disables
hooks that don't belong to startup, init, or close phase. I am not sure
what implications it has.

Thanks!
Alex