tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Leyke <alexley...@cs.com>
Subject Re: JK2 module for AOLserver
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:37:03 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

>In jk2 we use ajp13 for all channels, including JNI. That allows us to reuse
>the buffers and avoid object allocations from C - which improves a lot the
>performance of the code ( we also avoid a lot of expensive calls, etc ).
>Same technique is also used (AFAIK) in mozilla bridge.

Do you mean "ajp13" channel would work with in-process worker?

>>Is JNI worker intentionally disabled, or am I misinterpreting the code?
>>I could fix jk2_jni_worker_service function with some guidance, but is
>>there a similar implementation gap in Tomcat 4 Java classes?
>>

>Yes, the jni worker shouldn't be used.

Let me rephrase my initial question. I am interested in Tomcat executing
in-process. If JNI worker cannot be used, what alternative do I have to
run Tomcat in-process? Is JNI worker permanently out or will be
re-enabled in the future (what's the timetable?)

In case I am out-of luck with in-process Tomcat <g>, what is the highest
performance alternative for a Web server to talk to Tomcat 4?

Thanks for your help!
Alex