tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject [5.0] Experiment with JMX console
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:26:37 GMT
I was experimenting with using MC4J (from SF.net) support using MX4J.
Basically, this is a JMX client app with some nice features, and it
looked easy to add.

However, I ran into serious trouble (and I'm posting that to see if
someone can help sort it out, or is willing to investigate further):
- The client part may only work with MX4J 1.1. There may be a
workaround, according to the docs.
- The client (based on Netbeans) crashes (with a BSOD) my XP computer a
lot on exit, and no longer works ever since the first crash (I get a NPE
on startup from each of MC4J's modules). I have no idea what is going
on, and tried reinstalling, etc, without any success.

So the bottom line is I can no longer work on the feature :-( I can
commit the code if people are interested in the feature, and would like
to investigate (basically, it adds a new method in MBeanUtils which
instantiates the adaptor MBean, and that's it).

Remy