tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: [4.1.15] Tag tomorrow
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:37:12 GMT
Remy,

I went back and reviewed the discussion about the new version numbering.
And reviewed http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html which it is patterned
after.

You are correct, under the httpd release plan there is no vote to tag and build.
I was confused between the old release rules and the new.  My mistake. :-)
And the release manager has a great deal of latitude in when they do a release
and what is in it.

I looked back at the email announcements when you have tagged and built a new
release for testing and noticed that you are calling them a test milestone.

Under the httpd release rules and what we voted on there is no such thing as
a test milestone.  When a release is done it is called Alpha until a vote
has been done to upgrade it to Beta or General Availability (stable).

Regards,

Glenn