tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [4.1.15] Tag tomorrow
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:20:56 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> >
> >> Doesn't this require a vote?
> >

> > No. The vote is when the milestone is then publicly released.
> > Otherwise, it's like a nightly, and allows getting some testing.
> >

> A nightly does not get announced publicly with a revision number.
>
> The previous 4.1.13 and 4.1.14 milestone releases you did were done and
> announced to the public without a vote.

I announced that a new test milestone was up and available for testing
(reread the announcements, which only got sent to tc-user and tc-dev).

> IMO, bumping the revision number and announcing to the public a release
> (no matter what name is given to it) requires a vote.

This release process got voted and unanimously approved before the 4.1.x
releases started.

> Perhaps it would be better to get the nightly builds working again so
> changes
> can be tested by those interested in them by downloading the nightly.

If you are not happy with the current release process, then you can
propose a change to it and get it voted.
I have the feeling that nobody is happy with my contributions these
days, for reasons that elude me. If people want me to stop RMing Tomcat,
I can step down.

Remy