tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: 5.0 and jmx
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:00:48 GMT
There are now several commerical tools for doing production runtime
monitoring of java applications which can obtain their data using JMX.

Currently JMX in Tomcat is only being used for configuration data.
I would like to see this expanded to support making available production
runtime monitoring data.

With that in mind, I would like it to be easy to plug in an MBean
anywhere it might be useful to export metrics on tomcat performance
and usage of resources to the outside world.

I had planned on looking into this more when I have time in December.

Just thought I would throw this out so it can be considered as you
discuss the below.

Regards,

Glenn