tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@CodeRage.ORG>
Subject OT: ezmlm problems (was: Re: R: GOODBYE from tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org)
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:33:15 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> I regularly receive such a message couple of times in a week. Been
> harassing my ISP for two months, and found that if I lock  my account
> (simply receiving mail due to the slow connection), and someone sends an
> e-mail during that, I immediately receive a warning from ezmlm. (Well
> that is what I found out).
>
> Don't think that anything is wrong either with my account, or my ISP,
> cause I have found no (well except from PHP-list using ezmlm too) other
> list behaving like that.

cvs sometimes sends a email to @jakarta.apache.org with a very long subject line
(does the RFC specify a legal maximum?), which is rejected by a mail server
somewhere between me and Apache (I think my ISP).  This causes ezmlm to probe my
account (send me a 'probe' email).  This happens several times a month.

--
Michael