tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ServletOutputStreamWrapper
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:57:31 GMT

On 14 Nov 2002, Paul Hunnisett wrote:

> Date: 14 Nov 2002 20:05:07 +0000
> From: Paul Hunnisett <develop@lombok.org.uk>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: ServletOutputStreamWrapper
>
> Thanks Craig, I'll take a look at that - hope fully it'll help me to
> move forward.  I'm somewhat confused though - surely Tomcat must have
> subclasses of ServletInputStream and ServletOutputStream?

It certainly does, but they're not going to be of direct use to your own
application because they are intimately connected to the rest of the HTTP
connector implementation.

>  What gets
> returned when an application call request.getInputStream() or
> response.getOutputStream?

For Tomcat 4.x (for example), you'll end up with an instance of the
internal class org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.Coyote{Input,Output}Stream.  The
sources are in the "jakarta-tomcat-connectors" repository, under "coyote".

> Paul Hunnisett
> www.lombok.org.uk

Craig