tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ServletOutputStreamWrapper
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:04:08 GMT

On 12 Nov 2002, Paul Hunnisett wrote:

> Date: 12 Nov 2002 19:38:18 +0000
> From: Paul Hunnisett <develop@lombok.org.uk>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: ServletOutputStreamWrapper
>
> Thanks Dan, I'll try that.  Basically what I'm trying to do is to write
> my own subclasses of ServletOutputStream and ServletInputStream and I
> need a little bit of inspiration - especially with the write(int) and
> read() methods that I have to override.

In the "examples" webapp shipped with Tomcat, there's a compression filter
that (among other things) creates a ServletResponseWrapper subclass and
uses a specialized response stream implementation (extends
ServletOutputStream).  The sources are in the
"/WEB-INF/classes/compressionFilters" subdirectory of the example webapp.

Craig