tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat4 user guide ( doc on webapps/ dir ) ?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:47:32 GMT

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Costin Manolache wrote:

> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:39:12 -0800
> From: Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: tomcat4 user guide ( doc on webapps/ dir ) ?
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation on the webapps/ layout ? In 3.3 it's
> in the 'user guide' (
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html),
> but I can't find the equivalent doc. I'm interested in docs for
> the ROOT special dir.

You have to reach for it :-), but it's there.  See the "Automatic
Application Deployment" section on:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

This is also cross referenced from the description of the "appBase"
attribute of the <Host> element, earlier on this page -- which is the
canonical place that you define the "webapps" directory in 4.x.

> I know this should be directed to tomcat-user :-)
> ( I also know how it works - but I need the 'official' documentation )
>
> Costin

Craig