tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Torsten Fohrer <Torsten.Foh...@dcsi.de>
Subject AW: AW: euro character problem with tomcat compression Filter
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:26:43 GMT

ok...

but if you set response content-type to text/html; charset: iso-8859-15,
pages shows correctly with euro symbols in konqueror, netscape 4, ie and so
on...if you have a font that contains it.

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Martin Algesten [mailto:puckman@taglab.com]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 10:17
> An: Tomcat Developers List
> Betreff: Re: AW: euro character problem with tomcat compression Filter
> 
> 
> And failing that perhaps cp1252 if you are a windowz kind of guy.
> 
> I find this page helpful:
> http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859.html
> 
> Martin
> 
> On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 07:46, Torsten Fohrer wrote:
> > sorry, iso-8859-15
> > 
> > > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> > > Von: Torsten Fohrer [mailto:Torsten.Fohrer@dcsi.de]
> > > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 08:28
> > > An: 'Tomcat Developers List'
> > > Betreff: AW: euro character problem with tomcat compression Filter
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > try, to set the response encoding to 8559-15
> > > 
> > > cu Torsten
> > > 
> > > > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> > > > Von: Sergio [mailto:shernand@ipsoluciones.com]
> > > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. November 2002 21:18
> > > > An: 'Tomcat Developers List'
> > > > Betreff: euro character problem with tomcat compression Filter
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > Hí techies!
> > > > 
> > > > I'm having problems adding the tomcat compression Filter 
> > > > version 4.0.3 to my webapp.
> > > > 
> > > > Some characters (like euro symbol ) that are printed in my 
> > > > jsp page with a method which return a field of a MSSQLServer 
> > > > table, are printed with the '?' symbol.
> > > > 
> > > > I've modified the CompressionFilter.java servlet and modified 
> > > > the code.
> > > > Before the call of doFilter method I set the request to 
> my encoding:
> > > >     request.setCharacterEncoding("iso-8859-1");
> > > >     chain.doFilter(request, response);
> > > > 
> > > > But this also does not work.
> > > > 
> > > > Any solution or idea ?
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > Sorry for my English.
> > > > Thanks, Sergio
> > > > 
> > > 
> > > --
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
> > <mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: 
<mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message