tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Build Suggestion
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:11:31 GMT
I have a suggestion for the tomcat 4 build process, really more of a doc issue I
suppose.

The jasper2 tree of the jakarta-tomcat-jasper head does not currently compile.
That's probably fine, since it appears to be a dev branch, but it wasn't
intuitively obvious (at least to me) what was causing my tc4 build failures.
>From reading the build docs, it seemed all I should have needed was a checkout
of jakarta-tomcat-4.0 and jakarta-tomcat-jasper (and all of the other
miscellany, of course :)

Unless the two repositories are going to follow the same tagging guidelines,
with head being the current stable and separate tags for new dev branches, I
think we should make note of which jasper branch is required to build the
current tc4 head (in this case tomcat_4_branch). I will commit a short note in
BUILDING.txt if this is agreeable.

I've been AWOL from the list for a little while, so I apologize if this issue
has already been discussed. I'm still in the process of catching up with the
recent posts.

- Christopher

P.S.  A question that probably shows how absent I've been recently, but are we
not doing builds for jasper? My first inclination when cvs jasper was not
compiling was to grab a recent stable build, but I could find none in
jakarta.apache.org/builds. Just wondering ...

/**
 * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
 * La moitie de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
 *
 * - Corneille
 */