tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexius Luke" <l...@ibro.co.jp>
Subject custom error page rewrite uri
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:29:04 GMT
Hi all,

          I use Apache Tomcat 4.1.12 on Linux.For my aplications need I have configured a
custom error jsp age for the error-code 404.So when any irrelevant url is requested this jsp
page is invoked.

<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/error_request.jsp</location>
</error-page>

http://localhost:8080/irrelevantpage

I need to get the requested irrelevant uri in the error_request.jsp page and process accordingly.But
in my jsp when I use the request.getRequestURI() it gives me the current pages uri (i.e) /error_request.jsp
instead of /irrelevantpage.
could anybody help me
Is there any place in the configuration files to specify this or is it this wat that the container
works.
Thanx in advance,

p.s. In tomcat3.2 it works as I expect.But in tomcat4.1.12 it isnt.

-Alexius Luke