tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/conf web.xml
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:31:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <luehe@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 8:20 PM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/conf web.xml

> luehe       2002/11/15 20:20:57
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/conf web.xml
>   Log:
>   Added init param to configure tag pool size.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.7       +2 -0      jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/conf/web.xml

This has absolutely nothing to do with this particular patch, but it is as
good of place as any to launch into:
<rant>
The current Jasper configuration doesn't work at all.  All <jsp-file>
servlets get the default settings for Jasper.  Yes, I can add the
Jasper-specific params to all of my servlets, but this is just plain wrong.
There needs to be a way to configure Jasper2 in one place (like the 3.3
JspInterceptor, which doesn't fit well into the Catalina API [I've tried
:]).
</rant>