tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: MBeanException w/AJP13Connector and (hopefully) itssolution
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:19:38 GMT
So I find that works on NetWare with our mod_jk, as you said.  The only thing that worries
me is that the port value set in server.xml is not honored, on Windows or on NetWare.  Is
there somewhere else it is pulling its configuration from?  I cannot have shifting ajp ports,
since I might have two catalina instances running simultaneously, and I need to control what
port Apache sends requests to, so that I can route them right.

What I saw was that I set the port to 9010, but Catalina still comes up with "ajp13 listening
on tcp port 8009".  When I fire up the second instance of Catalina, it comes up listening
on 8010, after unsuccessfully trying to get port 8009.  I cannot just use 8009 and 8010, due
to both port conflicts on NetWare(with 8009), and because I do not want to rely on startup
order of the two Catalina instances.

Is this a bug, or is there some part of the design that I'm missing?

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> JTULLEY@novell.com 10/15/02 9:44:57 AM >>>
So I'm barking up the wrong tree?  I thought somebody had told me that the Coyote JK 2 connector
only worked with mod_jk2.  I'll go play around with the Coyote / mod_jk combo on NetWare,
and see how it works.

Thanks.

>>> remm@apache.org 10/15/02 1:08:06 AM >>>
Jeff Tulley wrote:
> When I uncomment the AJP13 Connector, I get the following exception on startup:
> ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
> java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:369)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:777)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:751)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:339)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerLifecycleListener.java:206)

>         at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2182)

>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:510)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
> I'm wondering if the fix is simply to add a section into catalina/src/share/o/a/c/mbeans/mbeans-descriptors.xml,
describing the AJP 13 connector?

> I've attached my naive fix to this, which is to copy the Coyote connector section, removing
only the protocolHandler attribute, since that is unique to Coyote(if I'm not mistaken, I
very well could be).

> Could I get one of the committers to review this please and submit the change?  We need
this for NetWare, which does not have a port of mod_jk2 yet.

Either Coyote JK 2 or the old AJP 1.3 connector can be used with mod_jk
(that's why the AJP 1.3 connector is deprecated).

Remy