tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: MBeanException w/AJP13Connector and (hopefully) its solution
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:44:57 GMT
So I'm barking up the wrong tree?  I thought somebody had told me that the Coyote JK 2 connector
only worked with mod_jk2.  I'll go play around with the Coyote / mod_jk combo on NetWare,
and see how it works.

Thanks.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> remm@apache.org 10/15/02 1:08:06 AM >>>
Jeff Tulley wrote:
> When I uncomment the AJP13 Connector, I get the following exception on startup:
> ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
> java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:369)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:777)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:751)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:339)

>         at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerLifecycleListener.java:206)

>         at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2182)

>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:510)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
> I'm wondering if the fix is simply to add a section into catalina/src/share/o/a/c/mbeans/mbeans-descriptors.xml,
describing the AJP 13 connector?

> I've attached my naive fix to this, which is to copy the Coyote connector section, removing
only the protocolHandler attribute, since that is unique to Coyote(if I'm not mistaken, I
very well could be).

> Could I get one of the committers to review this please and submit the change?  We need
this for NetWare, which does not have a port of mod_jk2 yet.

Either Coyote JK 2 or the old AJP 1.3 connector can be used with mod_jk
(that's why the AJP 1.3 connector is deprecated).

Remy