tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject MBeanException w/AJP13Connector and (hopefully) its solution
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:46:03 GMT
When I uncomment the AJP13 Connector, I get the following exception on startup:
ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225)

        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:369)

        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:777)

        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:751)

        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:339)

        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerLifecycleListener.java:206)

        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2182)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:510)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

I'm wondering if the fix is simply to add a section into catalina/src/share/o/a/c/mbeans/mbeans-descriptors.xml,
describing the AJP 13 connector?

I've attached my naive fix to this, which is to copy the Coyote connector section, removing
only the protocolHandler attribute, since that is unique to Coyote(if I'm not mistaken, I
very well could be).

Could I get one of the committers to review this please and submit the change?  We need this
for NetWare, which does not have a port of mod_jk2 yet.

Thanks,

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com