tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: [JK2] RedHat 8.0 JNI totaly bogus
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:44:08 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Hi,
> Using JNI on RH8 using either original 2.0.40, Henri's 2.0.43-1.7.2 or
> build from sources (either prefork or worker).
> Even tried 2.0.1 rpm, but on all config when trying to use the [vm:] I'm
> having constant child_init, with cpu at 99%.
> ErrorLog is growing and seems that entire thing faults at vm_init
> (vm_default at 445 is the last thing logged).
> Nothing is passed after the loading of jvm, like the child process
> exits, but pool cleanup doesn't report that.
> After stopping httpd, a few childs are reported as 'still did not exit'.
> I've put some extra ap_logs and the child pids are growing even when set
> StartServers to 1.
> The Java is 1.4.0_01

I think they just released 1.4.1 - and I remember reading in the release
notes about a jni fix that seems related.

I had few other problems with 1.4.0 and jni - for example I wasn't
able to load the ( java loading the C lib, not the reverse ).
It did work after I removed the 'endorsed' libs flags - I have no ideea why.

Right now 1.3 is much more stable for JNI stuff ( IMO ) - I hope 1.4.1
will solve those problems.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message