tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] tomcat-commiters list
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:14:26 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

>> I would like to propose a new mailing list.
>>
>> The list will be closed to commiters only. The main purpose
>> will be discussions of security and other special issues.
>> This should avoid [Cc] threads.
>>
>> The main target should be active commiters - so it should
>> start empty.
>>
>> This is a majority vote.
>>
>> [ ] I agree with the proposal
>> [X] I don't agree with the proposal
>
> Security holes don't occur often enough to bother with maintaining the
> "active committers" list, and there isn't much point in the list
> otherwise. Plus, segregating the security concerns simply would make the
> mbox archives a must-bookmark for every black-hat. :)

Aparently they do occur more often than we would like. And I've been
in at least 4 Cc: chains in the last 2 months. Whoever is in the
the apache security list or PMC should forward tomcat security
problems to a known address where it can be addressed.

It is not only for security - but any issue that we might consider
'private' ( again, it is better than using the Cc: ).

--
Costin