tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: production quality?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:31:03 GMT
Hi,
Every now and then a message along those lines comes up.  I've seen it
in all the open sources projects I've contributed to, and (what does
that say? I have too much free time? ;)) these are many.

I will quote a response, not written by me, that I think is a perfect
way to look at the process.  I hope Will won't mind being quoted ;)

just >blindly upgrade your system to Solaris 9, Oracle 9i and new
Firewall >software and then throw the application live because it's all
"release >quality" software.

>There are disclaimers in those licenses for a reason. Caveat Emptor and
all
>that.
>
>Regards,
>
>Will Hartung