tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: JSP Compile Errors
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:28:18 GMT
Write a simple Java program:

1. Drill down and get files.
2. Check for package statement, check for import statements.
3. If blah, blah, blah, then add import blah, blah.

I wrote a generic one that could be used whenever I needed to so something
like that to lots of files, e.g. change the package name on all of
them.  It is proprietary to the company I worked for, so I cannot put it in
here.  But, they are really not hard to write.

At 05:24 PM 10/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > I need to make sure that these Java libraries are included when my JSP's
> > are compiled:
> >
> > java.io.*
> > java.util.*
> >
> > I am migrating from another application server that added these to my JSP's
> > and now will have the daunting task of manually importing these on every
> > JSP that we have.
>
>1) What kind of app server would import those for you? You need to file a
>big, loud
>bug report, cuz that violates the spec! Only java.lang is imported for
>free in Java.
>
>2) Write a Shell or Perl script, or a Java program, or use vi. How many
>JSPs are you talking about anyway?
>

>--

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you