tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Algesten <mar...@taglab.com>
Subject Re: production quality?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:36:36 GMT
1. Tomcat should either not send any headers on a 304, or if it does
then make sure that they do reflect the correct values for the requested
object (e.g. not call a gif a text).

2. Not entirely sure here. Reading the HTTP/1.1
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.5
It states:
"If a cache uses a received 304 response to update a cache entry, the
cache MUST update the entry to reflect any new field values given in the
response."

I suspect that is what we're seeing in mod_proxy. But I just realised
that I have some reading to do, the stuff about weak and strong
validator didn't make much sense to me...

Martin