tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Algesten <puck...@taglab.com>
Subject Re: production quality?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:54:22 GMT
Hmm... perhaps not drop it after all. I had a think about it and I still
would argue that the amount of developers or the speed of turning out
fixes is not the issue. As I said before, we are all doing this more or
less for fun.

Taking on board that its all about expectations and that you need to
test your software before deploying it and that 4.1.12 can be
definitelly considered production quality for certain uses. There is
still a big difference between 3.3.1 and 4.1.12, the former seems to be
a more solid piece of software than the latter, and still they both
enjoy the same status on the Tomcat home page. Isn't just the sheer
amount of bug reports an argument in my direction?

Martin