tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Algesten <mar...@taglab.com>
Subject Re: production quality?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:13:40 GMT
The reports I referred to were just the ones affecting me in my setup,
and my point was not about their validity, rather just an overall
feeling from using this particular software.

I have not tested other containers for spec compatibility, I can't claim
to have even tested this one.

I have a number of smaller websites with various amounts of traffic
running on Tomcat 3.3.1, and yes the uptime is remarkably good. Software
is never perfect and any setup will work differently. I don't expect to
be able to change my 3.3.1 to 4.1.12 and have everything working without
any effort. Different live scenarios always implies different
workarounds/tradeoffs. So in that sense you're either using a particular
subset of functionality that works in your live scenario or you've
worked around any issues that you encountered.

Regards,
Martin