tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject OT: Scarab & Tomcat 4.1
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:25:53 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 2002/10/25 3:40 PM, "Glenn Nielsen" <glenn@mail.more.net> wrote:
>

>>I just checked.  I removed xerces related apis from common/endorsed and put
>>them in server/lib. That removed them from the jar's visible to the scarab
>>webapp.
>>But left them available for the container to use.  This is using JDK 1.3.1.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Glenn
>

> Great! That was the part I couldn't figure out. Scarab now defaults to use
> Tomcat 4.1.12 (I also worked around the bug I reported that was fixed) and I
> withdraw my request to do a release of 4.0.7.

Right now scarab comes with Xerces 1.4.4.  Will Scarab be upgraded so it
can use Xerces 2.x?

> The only sad thing to report is that at first glance Tomcat 4.1.12 doesn't
> seem any faster than Tomcat 4.0.6.

It is significantly faster for a certain templating technology which I will
leave unmentioned. ;-)

Most of the other changes between 4.0 and 4.1 were feature related except
for the Coyote connector and JK2.

Regards,

Glenn