tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ?????? ??????? <MPary...@kkb.kz>
Subject Re: The JNDIRealm
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:23:49 GMT
Hi!

On this subject already wrote Fredrik Westermarck.

I concerning JNDIRealm. Unfortunately I am not yet commiter, therefore
of powerful contribution bring I can not.
Usage SSL in JNDIRealm is a urgent subject - we use it for
authentification of the users registered in Novell NDS - and the base
mechanism does not suffice. It is necessary to work with LDAP not only
as with the database (realm) but also as with the mechanism of
identification of the users. For this purpose JNDIRealm tries to
incorporate to the server through the mechanism of a login name -
password indicated by the user. It is desirable that JNDIRealm was
connected even with a minimum level of privacy.

I offer to expand JNDIRealm so, that it could solve all these tasks.

Best regards - Max Parygin