tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Bossicard <>
Subject Commons-logging setting
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 05:43:13 GMT
Hi all,

I know I shouldn't send this email to the list but the tomcat-users
wasn't so successfull (and since I've seen that your using
commons-logging for 5.0...)

I have integrated the commons-logging to Xindice and I want to execute
the Xindice servlet within Tomcat before I send the patch.  I can make a
deployment without problem, everythings work. Well almost.

The only problem is that only the SEVERE and INFO messages are logged
into catalina.out. How can I set up the logger to also receive the trace
and debug messages?

I have tried to put a commons-logging properties almost everywhere
(/webapps, /webapps/Xindice, /webapps/Xindice/META-INF,
/webapps/Xindice/WEB-INF, /webapps/Xindice/WEB-INF/classes,
/webapps/Xindice/conf) but nothing seems to works.

The content of the commons-logging properties is rather simple :

Does anybody have simple step-by-step instructions to configure

Thanks A LOT in advance

Vladimir Bossicard

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>