tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.12 and Servlet Access 404 Errors: BUG?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 02:26:45 GMT
micael wrote:
> I cannot access a webapp with the normal
> http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/mydirectory.MyServlet with Tomcat
> 4.1.12.  (Also, the embedded Tomcat 4.1.12 in JBoss 3.0.3 runs fine except
> that it won't access the examples servlets.)  The error shown is a 404 "The
> requested resource (/myapp/servlet/mydirectory.MyServlet) is not
> available.".  The same thing runs fine with Tomcat 4.1.0., both with and
> without JBoss.  Is this a BUG in Tomcat 4.1.12, or are there new
> constraints on reaching servlets from outside the container in 4.1.12?

For security reasons (see the release notes for details), the invoker
servlet is disabled by default now. This servlet is what makes
/webapp/servlet/... paths invoke the given servlet. It's recommended
that you give explicit servlet definitions and mappings in the webapps's
web.xml instead.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message