tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject jk 1.2.0 error reported on tomcat-user
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:57:46 GMT
Someone has an idea of what could be the problem with ap_ctx-get ?

It seems the user make use of ApacheToolbox.

-----

This may add some info: I compiled Apache with ApacheToolbox. The
modules are static but it has DSO support in it. Then again, I would
expect an error much earlier in the load process then an undefined
symbol.

-----

I downloaded the binary of mod_jk.so from Jakarta's downloads in
/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0/bin/linux/i386. I am
running Apache 1.3.26 with Tomcat 4.05 on Red Hat Linux release 7.1
(Seawolf). The binary is compiled for 7.2, however. That may explain the
following error when trying to start Apache:

[root@dev bin]# ./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 208 of /usr/local/apache-new/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache-new/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache-new/libexec/mod_jk.so: undefined symbol: ap_ctx_get

Any ideas? Do I need to upgrade gcc, possibly? What do the binaries rely
upon?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Ricker

--