tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Donald Ball" <db...@rhoworld.com>
Subject Generalized JDBC Realm?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:08:11 GMT
Hi guys. I recently had to try to attach the JDBCRealm from tomcat 4.x to a
prebuilt authentication database. Unfortunately, I was unable to do so
without modification. To get the role information, for instance, I have to
run a join query that selects from three tables. The JDBCRealm
implementation only allows you to specify a table name for users and a
table name for roles, and column names therein. Rather than have the
database developers create a view or otherwise make a specially constructed
table just for tomcat, I generalized the JDBCRealm so that instead of
specifying table and column names, you have the option to just give it two
sql queries instead which can be as simple or as complex as you need.

Would the tomcat team be interested in this generalized JDBCRealm? If so,
should I post it here or to bugzilla?

- donald