tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] JK2 2.1
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:09:37 GMT

Know that, but often people change opinions, you cannot blame to
occasionally put that back on ;)

> Making APR mandatory for JK2 was never planned for 2.0 but for 2.1,
> which will be a whole different story.
>
> > Would It be such a big step forward to open a new branch, I don't
> > think so.
>
> It's really a nightmare to manage 2 differents branches at
> the same time

Think you miss me. Things like using APR as mandatory reflects only the
build procedure, and IMO doesn't require a new branch. I even didn't
think that 2.1 needs to be a new branch (3.0 perhaps).
The new branch needs to be technologically different to be a new branch
thought, and see no reason why the 2.0.3 wouldn't be with the APR
boundled in.
But if the rest of community think it does, I'll 'Adopt'.

> I wonder what's the problem using #idef HAVE_APR in JK2 today ?

None really (except that its messy), but you can find things like that
even inside the code that can be used only in the APR supported
connectors.
But, as I said, I can Adopt ;)

MT.