tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] JK2 2.1
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:37:05 GMT

Well, didn't think that it would require a new branch.
Ok, can we at least agree to the following.

1. Apache2 uses APR
2. IIS uses APR
3. Apache1 can use the APR.

Or to be specific:
There is only one build configuration right now that doesn't necessary
need the APR, but is crippled to use only the socket connector.

My question is that make sense?

You may name the version whatever you like 2.1.0 or 2.0.1, doesn't
matter at all to me, but simply drop the option to build without APR.
Would It be such a big step forward to open a new branch, I don't think
so.

MT.