tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Bug 13658
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2002 06:37:02 GMT
Before I start performing major surgery on the TC4/5 connector,  I wanted to
check on what is the reason for having the attributes field in CoyoteRequest
(instead of just delegating to the o.a.c.Request like the 3.3 Adapter does).

At the moment, the SSL request attributes are set on the o.a.c.Request
(because that's all that the Action knows about).  This is Ok for
getAttribute, since it delegates when not found.  But for getAttributeNames,
it only uses the names known to the attributes field (so no SSL attributes).

My strong preference is to delegate always (cleaner, esp. for TC 5 that will
be able to access Coyote directly).  But I can fix this particular bug
either way.