tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] JK2 2.1
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:55:09 GMT

Well, what I was yelling about was the core components, like load
balancer, uriMap, uriEnv.
We can write our own functionality, copy the code from the APR, or
something else if faster. These are the components that cannot easily be
supported using #idfef HAS_APR #elif MOZILLA #else...

So, we need a decision, are we going to use (for example)
apr_time_now(), write our own, using #ifdef #else, or what for those
core components?

Other thing. If we say that core components has to be 'non-mandatory' of
any component like apr or nspr or whatever, the code like #ifdef HAS_APR
must not be in such a component, or it loose its meaning like component
free. And what is component free code (APR doesn't belong to that
category, it is more a system abstraction layer like posix).

Is it better to use the fopen or apr_file_open?
Take a look at one of the 'core components' jk_config_file (the first
one that I found):

#ifdef AS400
     fp = fopen(workerFile, "w, o_ccsid=0");
#else
     fp = fopen(workerFile, "w");
#endif

Is this abstractive code enough ;)

So...
If you wish make some draft about what are the core components, what is
'mandatory' inside them and what is not, so that we know how to write
the code for such a component.

MT.