tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <>
Subject [JK2] RedHat 8.0 JNI totaly bogus
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:24:55 GMT

Using JNI on RH8 using either original 2.0.40, Henri's 2.0.43-1.7.2 or
build from sources (either prefork or worker).
Even tried 2.0.1 rpm, but on all config when trying to use the [vm:] I'm
having constant child_init, with cpu at 99%.
ErrorLog is growing and seems that entire thing faults at vm_init
(vm_default at 445 is the last thing logged).
Nothing is passed after the loading of jvm, like the child process
exits, but pool cleanup doesn't report that.
After stopping httpd, a few childs are reported as 'still did not exit'.

I've put some extra ap_logs and the child pids are growing even when set
StartServers to 1.
The Java is 1.4.0_01

Any clues?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>