tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Zänglein" <m.zaengl...@gmx.de>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.3 doesn't deploy WAR files with particular names
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:31:19 GMT
HI

I was faced with a really strange problem today.

when I wanted Tomcat to use a WAR file named "wiponline.war", the server seemingly did not
recognize it as a real web application.

Despite of the server.xml setting UnpackWARs=true Tomcat didn't create a new directory in
webapps.

After only renaming the file to any other name e.g. "wipOnline.war", "WIPonline.war" or "wip-online.war"
the trouble was gone !

The app was loaded and executed without any difficulties.
Now I wonder, why Tomcat can't cope with "wiponline.war". I haven't heard anything about webapps
need to have a special name.
It rather seems to be some buggy feature ...

tia

Markus