tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/shell tomcat.bat
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:47:19 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> I went ahead and converted most of j-t o.a.t.util.** to use
> commons-logging. At the moment, since o.a.t.u.depend and o.a.t.u.compat
> are in the System ClassLoader, then commons-logging needs to be there as
> well.

We shoud do it for j-t-c o.a.t.util as well, if not already done ( but
after 4.1 is out ).

IMPORNTANT: it's commons-logging-api.jar that should be in common loader !!
( I assume that's what you meant, just want to be sure everyone is aware of
this issue ).

The -api.jar was created exactly to allow this kind of setup, with
commons-logging in the parent loader and different child loaders using
different logging implementations.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message