tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sloey, James" <>
Subject warp losing mime types
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:38:26 GMT
I'm trying to get Tomcat servlets to stream the pdf, which is being
retrieved from a database, through Apache using the warp connector.
I built jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4 with webapp 1.1 and Apache 2.0.4 on Solaris
Tomcat will deliver a test.pdf file from a directory or streamed file from a
jsp or servlet and launch Acrobat.
Apache will deliver a test.pdf file from htdocs and launch Acrobat.
Everything works fine until I try to retrieve a file or stream a file from
Tomcat through the Apache mod_webapp connector using:
    <% response.setContentType("application/pdf"); %>
Attempting to point to test.pdf on Tomcat or streaming it from a jsp or
servlet through the warp connector produces a download dialog box for
test.pdf that fails with the message:
Internet Explorer cannot download test.pdf from
Internet Explorer was not able to open this site. The requested site is
either unavailable or cannot be found.
The web.xml has:
The apache conf/mime.types has:
    application/pdf   pdf
Is there some configuration information that I'm missing?
Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks in advance;
Jim Sloey <>
Xerox Internet Document Services <>