tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [4.1.10] Stability rating
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:01:33 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Glenn Nielsen wrote:

>>> I think the admin web application still needs more work.
>>>
>>> The list of attributes which can be modified for a Host is incomplete.
>>> The swallowOutput attribute has not been added.

I can add this to admin.  You mean for a Context, right?

>>> I have not been able to get DefaultContext config info to display in
>>> the admin webapp.

I've been hoping for someone to implement DefaultContext.remove() or
something like that so that the DefaultContext admin features are
complete.  I raised the issue a while ago on the list.  I haven't had
much time to work on the DefaultContext itself.  Once the method is
added, I can add the DefaultContext config to the admin.

>> Damn, we forgot to add that there :-(
>>
>> The admin webapp is not in my list of must-haves for a release (except
>> when it indicates there's a regression in Jasper). There's also a
>> problem with the number of people actually working on it (except Amy,
>> I don't see anyone else), so it may take a while to polish it.
>>

> Then there should be something in the docs and release notes which state
> that
> the admin application is still considered alpha.
>
>> BTW, I don't see how adding support for your feature (swallowOutput)
>> qualifies as a showstopper ;-) It could probably wait for the next
>> milestone without affecting too many people IMHO.
>>

> That alone doesn't, but all of the other issues with the admin app does
> unless we note that the admin app is at an alpha release.  Plus I found
> a number of places in the admin app code which states that things will
> be added later.

??

What other work is missing in admin webapp other than DefaultContext?
It'll be more helpful if we have a list of things to work on admin to
make it complete.  I haven't had much response/feedback from developers.

> My vote will change to [X] Stable if the admin app is considered alpha,
> and documented as such.

I personally think it's beta but maybe I'm not aware of all the missing
features and other issues.  Please let me know.

Amy