tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [4.1.10] Stability rating
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:30:00 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> I think milestone 4.1.10 is of good quality and we can consider
>> releasing it as the first stable release in the 4.1.x line.
>>
>> <ballot>
>> [ ] Alpha
>> [X] Beta
>> [ ] Stable
>> </ballot>
>>
>> If not voting stable, please suggest if possible a list of items which
>> should be addressed before a milestone can be released as stable.
>> This vote will run until early friday, and the release announcement
>> will be made at that time if the release is rated "beta" or "stable".
>>

> I think the admin web application still needs more work.
>
> The list of attributes which can be modified for a Host is incomplete.
> The swallowOutput attribute has not been added.
> I have not been able to get DefaultContext config info to display in the
> admin webapp.

Damn, we forgot to add that there :-(

The admin webapp is not in my list of must-haves for a release (except
when it indicates there's a regression in Jasper). There's also a
problem with the number of people actually working on it (except Amy, I
don't see anyone else), so it may take a while to polish it.

BTW, I don't see how adding support for your feature (swallowOutput)
qualifies as a showstopper ;-) It could probably wait for the next
milestone without affecting too many people IMHO.

Remy