tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TC 5] XMLSchema validation and Xerces 2.1.0
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:05:23 GMT

Hans Schmid wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as far as I understand, there are problems in Tomcat 5
>with the XML Schema validation. A hack in Tomcat plus Xerces 2.0.1
>are currentzly in the build system.
>
>Has anyone tried the new Xerces release 2.1.0 yet ?

Yes, I have done some tesing and it works fine. It the first Xerces
version that works properly with schema. 2.0.1 has some performance
problems, 2.0.2 has a StackOverflow exception. So yes, 2.1.0 works fine
:-) Remember that by default, XML validation is turned off in Tomcat 5.
You need to setup optional attribute on the <host> element to turn it on
(xmlValidation="true", xmlNamespaceAware="true").

>If 2.1.0 fixes the XML Schema problems it might be
>worth including it in Tomcat 4.1 as well

XML Schema is not supported in 4.1. It was required by the new Servlet
2.4/JSP 2.0 specs.

-- Jeanfrancois