tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Renato <rewei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with individual jars and Security Manager in TC4.1.10
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:09:58 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade a production installation running TC 4.0.4 to lastest 4.1.10. So far,
so good ( still using Jasper 1 ), but I think there is a problem with the configuration of
catalina.policy for individual jar files.

On catalina.policy it says to use:

grant codeBase "jar:file:${catalina.home}/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/lib/driver.jar" {

But if I use like this I get:

java.security.policy: error adding Entry:
        java.net.MalformedURLException: no !/ in spec

If I include "!/-" as it usually worked in TC 4.0.4 apparently it woks ok.

Anybody ? Glenn ?

Thanks