tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/shell tomcat.bat
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:39:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:21 PM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/shell tomcat.bat

> billbarker    2002/09/18 21:21:17
>   Modified:    src/shell tomcat.bat
>   Log:
>   Temporary stop-gap until I work out all of the ClassLoader issues.

Ok, there are a couple of options here:
1) Add a Class-Path to the Manifest (and make a comment in the release notes
for people using Java 1.1.x).

2) Revert o.a.t.u.compat.* and o.a.t.u.depend.* to using System.err instead
of c-l, since they are loaded in the System ClassLoader when running from
the scripts.

3) Re-implement the required methods from o.a.t.u.compat.* in
o.a.t.startup.Main so that we can leave o.a.t.u.depend.* and
o.a.t.u.compat.* out of the jar.

My personal choices are in order, 3-1-2.  However 1 is the easiest, and
seems to be in the direction that the proposals are heading.

Opinions (Larry/Costin)?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message