tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [5.0] Build notes
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:44:42 GMT
On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Patrick Luby wrote:

> commons-digester/logging, etc. I think that this would make the build
> more reliable since Tomcat 5 is dependent on very specific versions of
> Apache dependencies (e.g. Xerces 2.0.1 only).

IMHO that's _totally_ unacceptable ( having tomcat5 work only with
xerces).

And having schema validation turned on by default has a strong -1 from
me - if the spec _requires_ schema validation, then implement it at
deployment time. The performance hit is just unacceptable.

( in the process we should also move DTD validation to the same
stage and stop doing it on every startup if the xml file didn't change )

Costin