tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [5] launcher/deamon
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:05:44 GMT
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Patrick Luby wrote:

> main() instead of the script as well. The security manager can also be
> set in main() instead of the script. The only item that I can seem to

AFAIK - it can't. Or at least I wasn't able to.

It's the same as 'java.endorsed.dirs' - if you don't set it in the
command line, it won't be used ( I suppose internally those flags are read
before the code is started ).

So we like it or not, the TOMCAT_HOME is needed to get security manager
to work.

Once again: java.endorsed.dirs is needed _only_ if you want to replace
javax.jaxp, org.xml, org.w3c  - you don't need it to replace the parser.
Ant works fine without it - all you need is in the class loader to
disable any attempt to load one of those classes ( if in 1.4 ).

Costin