tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [5] launcher/deamon
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:37:32 GMT
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Patrick Luby wrote:

> But one problem still remains: I cannot trust %0 on Windows 95, 98, and
> ME and, hence, need to use a bootstrap class to construct all of the
> path related stuff that would normally be relative to %0. Also, those 3
> Windows platforms cannot perform "for" loops on paths with spaces.

Take a look at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main and IntrospectionUtil.

Basically if a class is executed, you can find out TOMCAT_HOME
and all the paths ( in java ). And no 'for' is needed - at least
not to construct CLASSPATHs - it can ( and should ) be done in
java.

> Of course, maybe I am obsessing way too much about support for Windows
> 95, 98, and ME.

I think there are enough people using it.

For NT+ people can just use the service manager - and we have all we
need to install the service.

Costin