tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [5] commons-logging
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:50:22 GMT
I attached my version :-) I converted several classes ( those I suspect of
taking the most time and where I get exceptions and I need the nested
stack trace to debug ).

I think:
 - debug field should be deprecated.
    if( log.isDebugEnabled() ) log.debug();,
 - convert debug>=1 to log.debug(),
	   debug>=2 to log.trace().

 - use the 'usual' conventions for name -
    LogFactory.getLog( ApplicationDispatcher.class );

Don't worry about host/context names - that'll be addressed separately.
We don't know yet very well how :-), but most likely we'll need some
changes to commons-logging factory to allow us to intercept the
log creation and insert the 'context' info ( associated with the context
class loader ).

Ceki posted some info about how this will work with log4j - we'll
have to do that for all loggers.

I expect 'host/contextPath' to either be inserted in the log name
or somehow associated with the context classloader to locate a
local config.

Costin