tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Arvesen" <aarve...@eclyptic.com>
Subject JspC memory leak fix
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:34:19 GMT
Yo Tomcatters,
	I have fixed the memory leak in my copy of jasper, running under tomcat 4.0.4.  I modified
the file

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagCache

and added this, at line 130,

	    Introspector.flushCaches();

java.beans.Introspector was taking up all the RAM.  After this fix, I went from the JVM to
soaking up 330MB's of RAM and then crashing to it running steady at 20MB's.
	Of course you could call Introspector.flushFromCaches(clazz) if you think your performance
is suffering, but when I did that I still have a minor memory leak.

I am going to explicitly violate the Apache guidelines and cross post this fix to the user
and developer lists because

1)  the bug has been around so long
2)  the fix is so trivial
3)  I have never had a satisfactory response from the dev list

aarvesen@eclyptic.com